An article is a text that reports something that has happened, or will happen, using facts and details.
The writer must include a lot of information about the topic. A news article is often printed in a newspaper or published on a website.
1. Headline – a few words to catch the reader’s attention
2. By-line – the name of the author of the article
3. Lead – a short ingress that introduces what the article is about (introduction)
4. Body– the main part of the article
a. One paragraph for each main idea: starts with a topic sentence
b. Can have subheadings for important paragraphs
c. Quotes: reports what someone said, direct speech
5. Conclusion – a short summary or a statement